Saturday, March 3, 2012

Bökanövsky- We Stumble


Got this from Alex who runs Allergic To Fun records & distro as a freebie for buying a slew of things from him I believe when I was at West End 1 Year fest first day. I asked what it was like he said if you like Pg. 99 you'll probably dig it. I gave it a shot he was pretty much on point its not quite as heavy with a lot more melodic sequences. I don't know a lick of french so the fact there is no insert of lyrics doesn't bother me. I do however wish there was song titles here so I could atleast reference it to tell you what tracks are the best. Overall the experience reminds me a bit more of listening to Alpinit albeit Alpinist is crustier it has the same sort of vibe. It was certainly a cool tape with its transitioning between melodic brilliance and the heavier transitions. The one track has this haunting group chant that begins loudly and just diminishes with time, I really like that track probably my favorite on the tape. Also on the following track there are some pretty rad drums, the tone is really warm. I checked this tape is now out of print, but if you are interested in getting other cool releases at really great prices from a solid dude check out Alex's label site here, www.allergictofun.blogspot.com best random recommendation on something I have had in quite some time. Also totally forgot if you want to check out the band/dl this release you can do so here http://bokanovskyband.blogspot.com/ they have links to all there releases and where to buy if avail etc they even have a new demo that sounds pretty damn good up on their soundcloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment