Friday, March 9, 2012

Thee High Priestess -MMXII Demo


Well I picked this up from the A389 Bash 02/10 somewhat secretly, but I already cracked the case somewhere in between unwrapping the tissue paper wrapped case complete with button, like a schlub. I kinda bought this without listening to it online hoping for the surprise element to be just that. Turns out to be noise which I kinda knew going in but wasn't quite positive. Four tracks two per side all around 3 minutes in length. I don't always know how to judge noise tapes because well obvious reasons. But turns out this was type of noise a dig no harshness really, light harsh and eerie-ness, a mix of horror/sci-fi type of soundtrack. The few samples on here seemed to add to the overall feel rather than distract like a lot of samples tend to do. The tape itself flowed very well overall it was rather intriguing. It didn't drag which is what I feel most noise experiments people have tend to do, and I know that's the point with droning projects but those bore me all too often. If you are interested in hearing the tracks look to here http://highpriestess.bandcamp.com/album/mmxii-demo, the secret bash ones are gone, the first press of 25 are gone but there are intentions of a second press so keep an eye out here http://sheunholy.bigcartel.com/ or maybe I'll distract myself from reviews and post a news update up when I hear that they are on their way.

2 comments:

  1. That's rather interesting the ones available at the show were mastered differently to the red ones. My copy has three songs on one side, and the track "veiled" on the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is rather interesting I might have to investigate that further, but I mean it is what it is.

    ReplyDelete