Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pit of Spikes 8-song demo


I picked up this tape (15/100) at NTC on the January tour Weekend Nacho's did to the A389 Bash. I honestly already had all the Nacho's releases that they had so I said fuck it, it looked interesting and I think only was like 3 or 4 bucks I also grabbed the Spilled Blood zine, I really dug that hope theres more on the way. Anyways back to Pit of Spikes 3 piece from Chicago comprised of John Hoffman - drums John Finaldi - vox Jason Zdora - guitar. They play a mix of grind and hardcore pv whatever the fuck you feel like calling it, because 5 kids will always debate what sub genre to put shit in. Overall the layout was nice and clean nothing too fancy to note of there, except lyric sheet is all jumble its a minor nuisance but whatever. The vocals on here are bad ass. I really dig Hunger Pains, Wedding Bells, and Violence in Hell. The album has a nice balance of grind and breakdowns not quite unlike Weekend Nacho's which will be the obvious go to comparison that people will make for obvious reasons but theres some definite differences so don't read into it too much. I really like the slow intro's into breakneck speed riffs and blasts. I really like this demo, I hope there is more and I really want to see this live. If your interested in listening to the tracks check here http://pitofspikes.bandcamp.com/ if your interested in buying i tried to be a good samaritan and hook you up with a link but I can't find one and your probably shit out of luck. SENTENCED TO DEATH

No comments:

Post a Comment